Friday, September 16, 2011

The Friday Five

Hello, everyone! TGIF!
Trying something new today...


The Friday Five!




I discovered this on Laura's blog today, and I think it is a great idea! So I am going to try it out. Thanks, Laura from Meet Virginia, for coming up with this!


1. What I'm Reading:


(Source)
Rant.  
I have been a fan of the movie Fight Club forever (hellooo, Brad Pitt in your prime), and have wanted to read all of Chuck Palahniuk's books ever since I realized the movie was based on a book. So far I have read Choke and I am about half way through Rant. I especially love his writing because it seems that each book is written in a totally different voice (especially Rant, which is set up as a sort of documentary, told from multiple people at once)...so much that I am a little worried for Palahniuk's well-being. Either this guy is an amazing story teller with a fantastic imagination and can really immerse himself in a character's shoes, or he is schizophrenic. Perhaps both, and I love it.


Um, and the cover art? Unbelievable.


2. What I'm Listening To:


Actually, I have been listening to Howard Stern all day at work today. On Fridays, they play the Best Of the Week. Today included interviews with Lars Ulrich, the drummer from Metallica, and my fave interview of the week, Gerard Butler. Seems like the coolest guy EVER, I am such a fan.


This! Is! Sparta!
(
Source)


3. What I'm Watching:


Oh yeahhh, Jersday, yeahhhh.
Kitten Mittens!
(
Source)
I watch a LOT of shows, but most recently, It's Always Sunny premiere last night, and the newest ep of Jersey Shore. Well of course, it was Jersday!


4. What I'm Eating:




Blackened Chicken Salad fo' lunch.


5. What I'm Pinning:


Fall styles...


Layers! Boots! (Source)


Crafts...


(Source)

Yummy recipes...


Homemade Mexican Za (Source)

Hair...


Messy + Braids (Source)

Art/design/inspiration...


Duh.
(
Source)

Love this bottle design.
(
Source)

Designers...we overanalyze EVERYthing!
Sweatin' the small stuff...in a good way.
(
Source)

On tap for this weekend? 


Drawing, loooong husky walk since it isn't rainy today (silly East Coast), BodyCombat/Pump tomorrow morning, trying to get rid of this pesky cough, lotsa football, and bringing Kodes to Philly. Cross your fingers he will be a good husk. 



...I may even get crazy tonight and break out the newest Netflix pick...Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. ;) Kodes picked it, not me.


xoxo, have a fabulous weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm super hungry right now, so that chicken taco pizza looks amazing, but so does that blackened chicken salad. I need to go get dinner...and I've been pinning fall fashion and recipes lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the pizza yet, but I definitely want to recreate it soon! And I am totally addicted to Pinterest, goodness gracious.

    ReplyDelete