Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Christmas Brat

Hello hello!

So the holiday season is finally winding down a bit. I had work today and yesterday, but tonight is my Friday...I have off tomorrow and Monday! Woo hoo!

As for my time in New Hampshire, it was amazing. I loved meeting so many people from both sides of Coop's family and some of his friends from home, and spending six straight days together only made me adore him even more.

Even if his wrapping skills are sub-par. ;)


He somehow wrapped a teapot for his mother...


After driving through 7 states to get there, we shared a room at his mom and her boyfriend's house with these guys:


I snagged some pretty sweet gifts....I was totally the Christmas Brat. I even made out in the White Elephant/Yankee Swap exchange. Even though I went third and got stuck with eggnog soap (!!!), the group ended up having two extra gifts at the end...the one bag I brought (three seasonal beers; Magic Hat Encore, Beach Haus Winter Rental, and Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown, all dressed up in festive ribbons) and one other bag. So we swapped, and I got to keep my eggnog soap AND got a Dunkin' giftcard and a sweet Ninja Turtle pint glass.



Coop received some interesting gifts himself.

Bieber Fever!!!

Plenty of parties and houses were visited, we attended a beautiful candlelight service, and I even fit in a stretchy yoga class with his mom. We drank tons of red wine, visited a local brewpub, and noshed on eggnog, homemade gingerbread cookies, and the chocolate-covered pretzels/chocolate peanut butter Chex mix jars I made. And fresh New England oysters. And about a billion other delicious things.



Hedgehog Brown Ale & Crockett's Corner Oatmeal Stout!




We watched Chopped and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives marathons late-night while sipping Sam Adams Winter Lager and snuggled in blankets while snow fell outside. Basically, it was winter heaven.


Coop's mom and aunt both hooked me up with awesome and totally thoughtful New Hampshire-inspired gifts. His aunt made a picture frame for me with branches from trees in the area.

A few of the New Hampshire thangs...

My self-proclaimed "bad gift giver," AKA Coop, totally threw me for a loop when he presented me with a gorgeous card that announced we'd be staying in Manhattan the weekend after New Year's for a relaxing mini-getaway, rooftop drinks and massage included. I think I'll keep him.


Then I came home to even more presents from my family.

The Holy Grail of Blenders!

Which I promptly used to create a Cilantro-Lime Glaze for the salmon and sauteed kale/spinach/mushroom/onion/bell pepp/roasted tomato dinner I pulled together last night (after a much-needed and missed gym sesh....I was literally going into withdrawal!).


Also got this from my daddy....



Flyers Winter Classic, baby!

And this book by a really great friend of mine and fellow Arizona VisComm alum.

AWFUL cell picture, but GREAT book.
And yes, I am using my own bookmark in it. Art kids, UNITE!

Joe Brown! My dad bought it for me and had Joe sign it and ship it to me! So special. Miss you mucho, Joe Bro!!! You can buy his beautifully drawn book, How to Catch a Ghost, here on Amazon.

Yeah. Total Christmas gift brat.

Best thing of all, though, was to be able to spend so much time with lots of people I love throughout the last few weeks. Gosh, I love the holidays.

Hope yours were just as wonderful and filled with love....and sweet gifts. ;)

xoxoxo


By the way, if you haven't checked out my Society6 shop yet, here is a link! It's a great online collective of amazing talent; artists can sell their work as prints, canvases, t-shirts, hoodies, laptop skins....and what I think is the coolest, iPhone cases and skins!



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, that tea kettle reminds me of when I had to wrap a basketball once--it wasn't pretty!

    ReplyDelete